Free: Some of our best tips to prevent, reduce or end that annoying, aching or shooting back pain that has you suffering at work and preventing you from living your life to the fullest.
And good news: They don’t involve medication, injections, expensive gadgets, never-ending treatments OR giving up your favorite activities forever!
In this short report, we’ll give you 7 tips you probably never knew about that can help end your suffering and give you your life back. They don’t cost a thing and you can start implementing them today for immediate relief. Interested?
Hello Back Pain Sufferer,
How are you feeling? Since you’re struggling with back pain I suspect you’re pretty frustrated and are looking for ways to make it go away.
You’ve tried rest, but your pain just comes back when you return to your old activities, right? You’ve tried ice or heat, anti-inflammatories, braces, balms, massage, needles…but they only give you temporary relief. These things give symptomatic relief only, but they rarely go to the heart of the problem.
If you’ve been told to “rest” and take whatever painkillers you were prescribed or bought over-the-counter, you’re probably still living with pain and wondering “What now?”
The fact is prolonged rest doesn’t work. We’ve known this for years but it still seems to be common advice. And if a medical provider didn’t tell you to rest you probably have been anyway because you assumed your back was injured and that’s what it needed. Who could blame you? If your back hurts every time you move, that must be your body’s way of saying “Don’t move,” right?
Well, unfortunately that’s wrong.
Welcome to the very confusing and frustrating world of back pain.
It is a condition that affects just about EVERYONE at some point and even though it is so prevalent we still don’t understand it very well. Research into the area is always revealing new things while refuting ideas that we were once so sure of. If the people you’ve been seeing or getting advice from aren’t up on the latest knowledge about back pain then you may be inadvertently led astray. Many well-meaning medical practitioners just don’t know what to do about back pain. That may include your primary care physician.
If you want to meet with a doctor of physical therapy who specializes in treating people in their 20s, 30s, or 40s with back pain, who’s well-informed about the latest research about back pain, who can help you understand what’s going on with your back, and will show you ways to start taking care of it yourself, then arrange a call with us.
We want to hear from you. You can chat with us on the phone, ask us all your questions, and figure out if we’re right for you before you make any commitment.
There are a host of misconceptions about back pain out there. We believe that the path to helping yourself includes recognizing the things that AREN’T important or worth agonizing over, or worth spending your money on.
Here are just a few such things:
- As already mentioned, prolonged rest (rest longer than a week or so) just will not help your back pain. At some point, after the most extreme early symptoms, you’ve got get to moving again, despite some pain. “Motion is lotion” and “rest is rust.”
- Most back pain doesn’t have a definitive and obvious cause and is usually not the result of an injury. It can come on without a great reason, like a headache. And just like a headache rarely signals brain damage, back pain is usually not the result of some underlying damage.
- Expensive scans and diagnostic testing are rarely necessary and often can be detrimental for the fear they inadvertently cause you. Did you know that bulging discs may not matter? Did you know that 30% of 20 year olds (!) without back pain have bulging discs seen on MRI and that number skyrockets to 84% of 80 year olds. Maybe it’s not that big a deal.
- Posture and alignment are almost never the cause of back pain. “Poor” posture—whatever that means—is not predictive of future back pain.
- “Core stability” is a poorly defined buzzword that is also poorly related to back pain. People with “strong” cores get back pain just as often as people with “weak” cores.
- Discs don’t “slip” out of place. Backbones that aren’t perfectly aligned don’t matter (unless there is a traumatic dislocation resulting from a high-speed injury). Your back is not a fragile stack of blocks that is in danger of crumbling the minute perfect symmetry isn’t maintained.
And there are many, MANY more myths and fear-mongering ideas out there regarding back pain.
If that little list of things to not worry about gives you the confidence to carry on by yourself knowing that you’re going to be okay then I will be extremely happy to never have you walk into my office.
But if you’re still concerned and you’re wondering what can be done about your back pain then let the physical therapists at Gotham Physical Therapy be your guide. We’ll show you how you can be EMPOWERED to help yourself. We’ll answer your questions and calm your fears all while working with you one-on-one. No hand-off to an aide.
Listen, we want you to avoid that chronic back pain that can happen to 1 in 4 people. To do that you need to understand your back pain and not fear it. That’s what we aim to do at Gotham PT.
We’re pretty sure you don’t want to rely on painkillers for the rest of your life. They only cover up the problem, and the risk of addiction is there. And, we’re pretty sure you want to avoid surgery. For most cases of typical low back pain surgery is not helpful in the long run. Let us show you how to deal with back pain in a self-efficacious, non-invasive way.
If you’re still not sure that we can help you and want to think on it a little more, then please accept our FREE report with tips to reduce or eliminate back pain.
7 Simple Ways To Stop Back Pain From Ruining Your Day
It’s a $40 value but we want you to have it for FREE.
We can’t promise that these tips will work for everyone, but the information you will find in there could decrease your pain and take the edge off enough to get through your day and get back to being more active. If you find that the tips are helpful then just think how much we could help you once we get to evaluate and treat you in person. Go on and read the free report. And when you’re ready, give us a call and ask us more questions.
See who else has been EMPOWERED at Gotham PT:
“Helpful and friendly staff, and I agree that the atmosphere is quiet and helps me relax.. They ask the right questions to get to the main cause of my issue, and the treatment has been very effective for my herniated disc problems. I definitely trust the people here, and best of all I don’t feel pressured to get more treatment than I can afford.”
“I have been coming here for over 3yrs and they are great at understanding the underlying causes and work with you closely to improve your condition. I come here for my TMJ and for my neck and shoulder muscles – which are so much better despite having a desk job.”
“I have been going to Gotham for about 6 weeks now and love it. My PT (Will) I have been going to for about 12 months and he is great. Well trained, knowledgeable and great at what he does. Would highly recommend.”