Physical therapy clinics are considered essential businesses during the pandemic. The safety of our patients and our employees is paramount, so we wanted to detail how we plan to keep you safe should you decide to come to our clinic.
We created this plan by consulting several expert public health guidelines including those of the CDC, the NYC Department of Health, the American Physical Therapy Association, and the New York Physical Therapy Association.
How will we identify possibly sick patients before they enter our clinic?
- We will send patients automatic appointment reminders with a list of symptoms. By confirming your appointment you will be confirming that you do not exhibit the symptoms listed and aren’t sick before each appointment.
- We will check your temperature with a non-contact infrared thermometer. Temperature must be below 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or 38 degrees Celsius.
- We will cancel your appointment if you show signs of being sick. We can always do an online visit instead.
- We will waive your cancellation fee if either you or we cancel your appointment because you feel sick or might be sick.
- All of our employees will complete the same screening before starting each day to ensure they aren’t sick.
How will we keep you safe when you’re in our clinic?
- All of our employees are fully vaccinated.
- We will have plenty of hand sanitizer and facial tissues available.
- We will continue to sanitize our hands between every patient encounter.
- We will continue to sanitize the treatment tables with virucidal cleaner between each patient.
- We will wear masks and gloves, and change gloves between every patient.
- All patients will be required to bring and wear their own mask. We cannot allow you to enter if you don’t have a mask. According to new CDC guidelines, if you are fully vaccinated and it has been 14 days since your last vaccination, you can remove your mask during treatment.
- We will clean all of the treatment surfaces, the waiting area, the dressing area, and any items and equipment that were used. Our pillows have plastic coverings that will be cleaned each time and they will be covered with a clean towel or pillow case.
- Since we have a small waiting area, we ask that patients not arrive more than 5 minutes early for a follow-up treatment, and that they not loiter for more than 5 minutes after their session ends so that we can maintain social distancing.
- We will not re-use elastic exercise bands. We will give each patient their own and encourage them to bring it with them for each appointment.
- All paperwork can be done online so you avoid touching high-contact objects like pens and clipboards.
- We will encourage the use of contactless pay methods like Apple Pay, but we will also sanitize our payment tablet between each use.
We will continue to provide online physical therapy visits to those who want them.